MetLife Home Loan Assistance Info

Metlife Home Loans burst into the top dozen mortgage servicers in the U.S.with the Metropolitan Life Insurance’s September 2008 acquisition of First Horizon Home Loans.

If you are having trouble making your mortgage payments to Metlife Home Loans, the company requests that you submit the online Homeowner’s Assistance Form available here. You can fill it out on your computer then print it; or print it and fill it in by hand. Fax it to (214) 441-7382 or email it with all requested documentation to

Be sure to include the following:
•    A comprehensive list of your debts and expenses
•    Your most recent W-2 and a current pay stub
•    If you own a business or are self-employed, provide your most recent tax return and a year-to-date profit and loss statement
•    If you’re on a fixed income, supply a copy of your benefits award letter, or a bank statement for a direct deposit.

The entire package can also be mailed to:
Loan Administration
Mail Stop 6207
4000 Horizon Way, Suite 100
Irving, TX 75063-9987
Be sure to send copies only of important documents.

A loss mitigation specialist will then contact you within 20-30 business days.Given the delay involved in this process it would be a good idea to get on record by calling MetLife toll free at 1-(888) 638-6964. Be sure to get the name of the so-called Relationship Manager who you talk to.  Briefly explain your circumstances and ask that your account be noted with the fact that you have sent along your paperwork for a mortgage modification.

Depending on your circumstances, MetLife Home Loans could offer:

  • Forbearance, which is a temporary payment reduction or suspension followed by an arrangement to catch up
  • A repayment plan to cure the delinquency on past due payments while staying current
  • On some Fannie Mae loans, an unsecured 15 year loan could be offered to catch up
  • A modification which would change loan interest, type or terms of your mortgage
  • On FHA loans you might qualify for a short-term, interest-free loan from HUD (Department of Housing and Urban Development) to repay past due amounts

If you plan to leave your home, MetLife can work with you on arranging either ashort sale or deed in lieu of foreclosure.

Related Articles